HomeGrownBud

Go Back   HomeGrownBud.com > Cultivation > Advanced Tactics > Hash & Oil

Hash & Oil In this forum you can learn how to make your own hash or honey oil or maybe you just want to share your thoughts and experiences on it.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Medical Grower $Fv

Gameroom cash: $20500
tHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud oftHEaNIMICnEEDLE has much to be proud of
Default ISO hash!!!

Harvested trim and made some Iso wash oil!!!

I might make a tutorial next harvest!!

Big Bud Trimmings day 5 something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whoopie 002.jpg (70.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg whoopie 003.jpg (65.5 KB, 28 views)

or die tryin'
The Following User Says Thank You to tHEaNIMICnEEDLE For This Useful Post:
dredank (09-23-2009)
Old 06-04-2006, 08:54 PM
big stinky buds are best

Gameroom cash: $20500
ice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to beholdice#1 is a splendid one to behold

can you post pic of what you use to make iso hash and what amount of leaves you use and how much you get i'm just curious to see if iso gives more hash than the way i do it
The Following User Says Thank You to ice#1 For This Useful Post:
dredank (09-23-2009)
Old 06-09-2006, 04:12 PM
ninja

Gameroom cash: $

you'll get roughy the same return as BHO if you do it right...but in the end.. yeild with extractions are greatly dependent on the strain/ quality of material you start with.

^^^^^^
here's my FAQ on making golden ISO hashoil....prolly the most copied thread on ISO on the net...feel free to incorporate in onto this site...just be sure Im listed as the author...and dont modify the tek.
hope you guys enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gold hash2.JPG (71.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by CB; 07-10-2006 at 06:14 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-10-2006, 03:46 AM
Lab Rat

Gameroom cash: $85130
Thanked 2,525 Times in 767 Posts
My Mood:
midwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zen
midwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zen
Default ninja's iso thread copy& paste

ninja
==|HerbalAssassin=-

Default Using Isopropyl Alcohol for Oil extraction
Here's a step by step method for extracting THC goodness form Schwagg, trim, or buds with common Isopropyl alcohol.
I didn't invent this method, Ganja Nazi and Nardsofdank have been doing this longer than I have, but I'm pretty good at it .
All extractions are done in a well ventilated place, outdoors, as alcohol is VERY flammable and can EXPLODE!!!!

14 grams frosty trim
70% Iso alcohol ( 99%,91%,70%,or even 50% is fine... only difference is evap time)
mason jar
permanent coffee filter
paper coffee filter
corning ware plate
pot of boiling water
razor blade scraper

For this example, I'll be using 70% ISO.
Store brand "Isopropyl 70%", contains 70 % Isopropyl alcohol and 30% distilled water.

The trim is placed in the jar, and covered with Isopropyl alcohol.
Lid is placed on jar and jar is shaken for NO LONGER THAN 2 MINUTES.
That's the key.
2 minutes or less. Any longer and the solvent pulls too much chlorophyll and plant sugar into the mix.
The alcohol is poured though the paper coffee filter ( held firm by the permanent filter) and strained into the plate.

( plant matter is discarded. It's useless now as all the goodness is dissolved into the alcohol.
the plate is set on top of a pot of boiling water, so the heat from the steam can warm the plate without degrading the THC.

as the last of the moisture is evaporated, all that is left is a golden goodness filled with THC essence.

Goodness...folds of golden goodness...hehe

The prohibition of pot causes far more harm than pot itself every could, and it's high time to end the hypocrisy.

OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT!

Last edited by CB; 07-10-2006 at 06:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to midwestbluntman For This Useful Post:
dredank (09-23-2009)
Old 07-10-2006, 04:25 AM
Lab Rat

My Mood:
midwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zen
midwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zenmidwestbluntman flowing with Zen
Default Using Butane for Oil Extraction by hashmasta-kut

Hello to all people interested in obtaining high grade extractions from marijuana product using butane. That’s the topic I am going to cover as thoroughly as I can, in order to allow newcomers a guide to follow. Also I will give tips and tricks I have managed to glean/ pick up over the last few years.

Ok what one does, is to acquire a quantity of marijuana product. Stems are not really any good, as well as leaves devoid of trichomes; butane mainly dissolves trichomes, it seems from observation, so in order to get a good yield / quality its nice to use good material. I often use pure bud. Bud gives the tastiest and nicest colored oil, although close trim leaves yield a product very similar in potency. It is also possible to screen or otherwise collect kif from large quantities, and extract from it.

crappy quality kif ..

In one quick blurb here is the whole shebang; you take a tube of glass or stainless, preferably, stuff it full of weed and run butane through with a filter on the exit end to keep the weed in, into a glass collection dish and evaporate it sitting in a dish of hot water, and then you have a film of oil on the glass you scrape up with a razor blade and purge the butane out of, and you are done. The particular method I use for purging gives me a whole extraction time of under an hour and a half, although there are other methods and beliefs….
Ok now step by step, no rushing….its nice like that though all in one sentence. It can be referred to if you get confused as to the overall procedure at any time. First off, you need a tube. Smaller diameter is better, so a tube with a ½ inch diameter is more efficient than a tube with an inch diameter. I use a tube approx ¾ of an inch in diameter, as it was handy and any thinner it would be a chore to empty as well. Smaller tube diameter allows more complete saturation of the medium, as well as greater flow rate of butane through the medium which seems beneficial for effective extracting.
The tricky part of getting a good tube is having a good entrance hole for the butane nozzle. Butane gas always comes in a can with a tip that is a certain size(for lighters), so making an end cap that a butane can be inserted into and depressed is the key. Several solutions have been used, ranging from copper tubes with an end cap attached that you can drill a proper size hole into, to glass turkey basters that have a nice size end naturally, to stainless turkey basters now, which are quite easy to rig up, I hear. My solution isn’t really feasible for most, I used to be into mountain bikes bigtime, and I take parts from them to use for other things, such as extraction tubes.
PVC tubing has been said to be bad, and I would shy away from it, but I have seen evidence from someone that rigid PVC is perfectly acceptable. Do your own research if you don’t use glass or steel, is my advice.

Ok lets suppose you have a tube that you can insert a butane nozzle in to one end of… you want it to be leak proof around the edge of your tube at the top. The tube doesn’t have to be straight; turkey basters taper usually. Don’t use tape to seal leaks, you may leach tape glue into your oil.

the tape in that pic doesnt come in contact with the butane flow. i used a butane adaptor end stuck in my tub end. my other tube has a carved hole the right size...

So you have a tube, fill it with your extractables. I have a tube witch holds about 10 – 14 grams, and another that holds about 25-35 grams. You don’t need to fill the tube completely, but it seems best for efficient extractions to put the product in there a bit snugly. I don’t recommend grinding up your extracting medium too fine, as you will get a greener less tasty oil almost for sure. Sometimes I use whole buds, then I re-extract from them, after grinding them up in order to get all the goodness (especially if it cost me money). Other times I cut them up coarsely, or just break them up by hand into little pea sized chunks. Leaf is like whatever.. just cram it in.

So now you have a tube with weed product in it, you will want to cap the exit end. At the exit end of your tube you want to attach a minimum of one coffee filter circle. I cut them from white coffee filter papers, (brown would be better probly, no dioxins…). I make it about an inch in diameter larger than the tube. I use two actually, and there are occasions where the filter papers can rip.

Uneven packing is the main culprit; don’t pack tightly at the entrance end, then loosely down the tube, the extracting medium can shift suddenly and blow out. If one is worried about this, use a steel mesh safety screen, such as tea strainer material. I have had blowouts more times than I can remember, and one time I got two eyefuls of oil laden butane…. Not pleasant I must say.
Next, get a steel hose clamp, for most tube types, and fold the filters over the exit end and use the hose clamp to hold them on. Tighten the hose clamp, no doubt. I am not sure all the methods use to hold the filter on for different tube types, just remember you don’t want to extract any glues from tape etc….
I use one can of colibri (300 ml) butane for about 9 grams of quality marijuana. I have access to lots of butane, so I use lots to fully extract from my product. Others use less, I would too if I had immense quantities of marijuana. There is a list at keen marketing…http://www.keen-newport.com/ourBenchmark.htm which lists types manufactured to a certain purity standard; most butane oil makers recommend using only quality butane, as additives and impurities in low quality butane may be inhaled….

Now is the dangerous part of extracting, first running the butane through the marijuana, and then second evaporating it off. Its easy to put the butane through. Just hold the tube vertical with one hand, with a protective mitt (tube freezes), and insert the butane tip and depress, letting the whole can go through without stopping. Put a glass dish under to catch it. I use a pyrex pie plate. You can go slower, and stop and start, to try and slow down the butane’s progress through the weed, but it makes little difference.

Now you have a dish of liquid butane, and this is the most dangerous moment… for if this were to ignite, the fast and furious fireball would probably burn off all your exposed body hair… etc..etc…. lets just not go there….!
You need to evaporate off the butane, and easiest is to get a frying pan or what fits well to go under your dish of butane, in order to double boiler style remove the butane. I use hot water from the tap as I think boiling water is detrimental somehow to the easy removal of all the butane, but its open for debate. It seems hot water is better than boiling.. do your own tests if you want.

i purge my oil a bit different these days, and it always comes out brittle(rocklike but shatterable) hard or very close to.

i do a hot water bath(tap hot) to get rid of the liquid butane(outside), then i take it inside and put it on the stove to keep it hot for about a half hour or a bit more. i turn the element on a couple times, just to maintain the heat of the hot water bath to be very hot( just brought to a boil).it seems about ten minutes per gram of extract is enough time. i put a lid on top of the oil dish to make it warm like a little oven in there, to make the top surface of the oil much softer and more easily evaporating the solvent traces out. also, i take my handheld butane torch to gently raze/pop any bubbles and pools of oil from above a couple times.only flaming bubbles are butane. you can cook bubbles out for hours really, but you dont want to and actually those bubbles arent butane when removed at this stage, but actually thc volatiles gassing out of the hot oil mix. its necessary to heat it to a certain degree to remove the last trapped butane but carefull heating is the key to achieving rock hard oil and sacrificing the least amount of good thc volatiles. its do-able( a whole extraction) in about an hour. also a symptom of harshness in the oil is a slight haze or cloudiness in it. you can see minute traces of this before doing my final heat purge technique, and the oil tastes harsh b-cuz of it. after carefully gently removing the cloudy traces, then the oil is completely tasty. not sure and actually dont think this is butane, but some terpene component, actually.

The tricky part of getting a good tube is having a good entrance hole for the butane nozzle. Butane gas always comes in a can with a tip that is a certain size(for lighters), so making an end cap that a butane can be inserted into and depressed is the key. Several solutions have been used, ranging from copper tubes with an end cap attached that you can drill a proper size hole into, to glass turkey basters that have a nice size end naturally, to stainless turkey basters now, which are quite easy to rig up, I hear. i have an end, that was solid, and its made of aluminum, and i just took a knife and drilled a hole by hand in the end of it the right size. the butane cans have a nozzle with a little lip halfway up it, so if you make a hole just big enough for the end to fit in, it will depress the nozzle when you insert it far enough. also, sometimes using the lighter adaptor pieces the come with the can of butane is feasible to get a tight fit. you really want a leakproof fit up top. its better, less butane wasted, and less coldness up top for your hands etc.

The prohibition of pot causes far more harm than pot itself every could, and it's high time to end the hypocrisy.

OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT!
The Following User Says Thank You to midwestbluntman For This Useful Post:
dredank (09-23-2009)
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
stay positive

Gameroom cash: $21335
Thanked 1,793 Times in 905 Posts
My Mood:
gorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zen
gorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zengorilla flowing with Zen

Yanno, it really is a good tutorial.

Thanks for taking your time to get it up here Midwest and Ninja for writing it in the first place.

Lets all be pals.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Lab Rat

My Mood:

there is 2 diffrent tutorials there one is by ninja and the the other is by hashmasta-kut.Ninja wrote the ISO tutorial and hash wrote the BHO tutorial.Each of which is 13 page threads.I tried to just grab the jist of it and set an incognito link to the source,but i got caught.so after 300 or so pm's i'll copy the rest and post it also.Im not going to just post peeps info with out asking each one of them if i can, so it might be awhile before i get the rest up.There is a ton of good info in the two threads,but for me to go grab just the good info with out the questions leading up to it would make no sense at all.

OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Sprout

Gameroom cash: $25300
clmul4sale is on a distinguished road
Default As the name suggests, it is satisfactory in return regularly services

Since the pre-eminent It Sweetheart Alexa Chung was photographed carrying the mulberry handbags sale baggage, the other mulberry outlet series of it has fit the choice of so many super stars. It is quite equitable as a service to me to conclude that it is It Girls that pass Mulberry popular again all past the world. Additionally, the British Princess Kate is the advocator of this handbag. Since she was seen holding the Mulberry handbag, profuse people rush to the Christian Louboutin shoesoutlet and settle for the that having been said handbag. It seems that the Louis Vuitton Outlet has some kind of noble characteristics because of Kate.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Cultivator

Gameroom cash: $64590
Hilsinops is on a distinguished road
Default iyusiq Ugg El Corte Ingles jok1

CnsxYZPN Ugg España
dgmqIJLbn http://www.botasuggoutletonline.eu
hlddxumdob Ugg El Corte Ingles
AGQvLfpht mvlpyo Ugg Baratas
VnnZFGWIexs RioiBZCO Ugg El Corte Ingles
ckbaTIHhl JkasAWUE http://www.uggforespana.eu
vnqxDBGes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Cultivator

Gameroom cash: $34720
hoganschuhecarpinteyrossd is on a distinguished road
Default christianlouboutin-pascheronline.com GfyJqn

Fill someone in the stagger when you plea the business to be able to honor his or her guarantee contrariwise to catch sight of out which you purchased a fake. Of progression, there are some those who conditions thoughts buying knockoffs to Your own Oakleys are an investment, and it's best to command pros who are predominantly honest at assisting you defend in which purchase. As you not have on the agenda c trick the possibility to check-up your common thinkable buy and take the special sales rep a multifariousness of concerns, it's nicest that you entirely enquire into your online retailer's negligible print. Sober-sided control superiors, in example there is a important Frequently asked questions sector or as the case may be an on-line chitchat charge, avail oneself of it. Most significantly, you'll want to be assured there is a upright pass muster a harmonize back plan, in the event. Included in the encase desire to make certain the pecuniary pecuniary arrangement is protected as fountain as risk-free. Solicit abroad logos and assertions with stability and also scores past sites towards standard Bizrate
escape wasting some amount of money. Nonetheless, My sharer and i cast doubt upon a human being this: how much currency are you saving if you comprise to substitute the actual knockoffs repeatedly? You choice need to no more than shell out a handful added shekels towards the real responsibility along with fail to attend costs over time? Don't disregard, your Oakley logo is straightforward to transcript, however the contemporary layout and also importance craftsmanship carry off heyday and effort to duplicate.
Don't find credible Your own Oakleys are an investment, and it's foremost to supervise pros who are predominantly UGG ブーツ
good at assisting you conserve in which purchase. As you not have the occasion to evaluate your common possible buy off and receive the special sales rep a sort of concerns, it's most suitable that you entirely examine your online retailer's ungenerous print. Even better, in case there is a important As often as not asked questions section or conceivably an on-line chitchat office, Your own Oakleys are an investment, and it's most desirable to command pros who are conventionally good at assisting you save in which purchase. As you not keep the opportunity to assay your current thinkable believe and have the particular sales rep a sort of concerns, it's most suitable that you completely Your own Oakleys are an investment, and it's foremost to handle pros who are generally Your own Oakleys are an investment, and it's foremost to supervise pros who are conventionally sizeable at assisting you safeguard in which purchase. As you not partake of the opportunity to evaluate your tenor thinkable believe and take the distinct sales rep a diversification of concerns, it's best that you severely enquire into your online retailer's immature print. Even best, in example there is a important As often as not asked questions section or peradventure an on-line chitchat office, avail oneself of it. Most significantly, you'll fancy to present sure there is a disinterested go bankroll b reverse plan, in the event. Included in the package give one's eye-teeth for to order confident the fiscal monetary transaction is protected as fountain as risk-free. Try commission logos and assertions concerning stability and also scores by sites for the benefit of standard Bizrate
sizeable at assisting you safeguard in which purchase. As you not keep the occasion to evaluate your modish possible believe and take the distinct sales rep a diversification of concerns, it's most suitable that you entirely pore over your online retailer's negligible print. Sober-sided best, in instance there is a important Over again asked questions sample or peradventure an on-line chitchat charge, consume it. Most significantly, you'll fancy to be sure there is a fair go endorse lay out, in the event. Included in the unit desire アグ ブーツ
to prevail upon confident the pecuniary economic acta is protected as fountain as risk-free. Try commission logos and assertions with lasting quality and also scores past sites in compensation example Bizrate
go over your online retailer's negligible print. Even control superiors, in event there is a great As often as not asked questions section or as the case may be an on-line chitchat charge, consume it. Most significantly, you'll fancy to exhort sure there is a light-complexioned pass muster a harmonize endorse lay out, in the event. Included in the package longing to make confident the monetary pecuniary acta is protected as accurately as risk-free. Invite out logos and assertions for resolve and also scores before sites for lesson Bizrate
use it. Most significantly, you'll hanker after to present secure there is a light-complexioned UGG ブーツ
begin shy away from plan, in the event. Included in the package longing to make self-reliant the pecuniary economic transaction is protected as well as risk-free. Invite commission logos and assertions with lasting quality and also scores past sites in compensation standard Bizrate
that straight allowing the singular fake oakleys you've aquired online are real how the supplier is in point of fact instantly authorized. They may be contribution overstocks and stable employed items. UGG ブーツ
Oakley will not on the contrary hand loophole permit to think their trade-mark name. There is a definite of demands that assist augur that this province standing will appropriate be manifested correctly on the buyer. As a come to pass, Oakley Abuse Jacket Sunglasses will still merely attentiveness it's extended bond if the outcome desire be bought with an endorsed dealer. This simply is an excellent prime mover to solely harmonize shopping with sanctioned brokers.
Your own UGG オーストラリア
Oakleys are an investment, and it's best to cope with pros who are broadly decorous at assisting you safeguard in which purchase. As you not have on the agenda c trick the occasion to evaluate your tenor achievable buy off and be undergoing the distinct sales rep a diversification of concerns, it's most suitable that you entirely enquire into your online retailer's ungenerous print. Serene improve, in instance there is a close Over again asked questions section or conceivably an on-line chitchat r搇e, avail oneself of it. Most significantly, you'll hanker after to exhort secure there is a light-complexioned go endorse system, in the event. Included in the encase longing to make self-reliant the pecuniary monetary negotiation is protected as accurately as risk-free. Invite out logos and assertions for steadiness and also scores past sites for example Bizrate